Factors to consider on selecting a Docker registry:
Docker images can be stored in various Docker registries depending on various factors. These are some of them:
- Private or public Docker registry: Privacy of your images, open to everybody or private.
- Role based repository: Roles that provide different levels of permissions to the container registry.
- Region/zone of the repository: Latency and speed of pulling and pushing images from servers around the world.
- Public cloud integration: Easy to pull/push images from public clouds and their authentication and authorization methods.
- CI/CD integration: Easy to pull/push images from your CI/CD tools like Jenkins, CircleCI, Bitbucket Pipelines, TeamCity, Bamboo, Gitlab, CodeShip, etc.
- Pricing: Price per image, group of images or size of the images.
Hosted/SaaS Docker registry list:
(*) Docker Security Scanning included.